Re: Trouble with wireless connection

On 12/19/2010 06:37 AM, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
> This only started happening a couple of days ago:
>
> My wife's desktop, and my laptop, connect to our broadband modem via
> wifi. We find that now (as opposed to earlier in the week), we cannot
> connect until we restart the modem.
>
> My desktop and my webserver connect via an ethernet cable (static IP
> address). Neither machine has a problem connecting.
>
> Is this likely to be a hardware problem that has developed in the modem,
> or might it be due to a recent software update?

Check for a firmware upgrade for your wifi access point if you're using
WPA2 for encryption.  I think WPA is still am moving target. When we got
Macs this year, we had to replace the access point (originally purchased
in 2005) because the WPA (which worked with Windows and Linux) just
wouldn't work with the Macs.

--
-- Steve