Re: XRDP - Howto select which desktop to run at login?

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 17:05:12 -0800, KC8LDO <kc8ldo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> to change which desktop to run you need to edit startwm.sh under
>> /etc/xrdp
> That I already know about. What I want is something like when you login
> at
> the locally attached console where you can pick which desktop to use for
> that session.
>
>> in newer version of this rpm I think you can edit
>> /etc/sysconfig/desktop or something like that.
> I want to pick the desktop to use at login time without editing files.

If you are using GDM, just enter your username then the menu should appear
at the bottom of the login screen where you should be able to choose the
desktop of your choice before typing in your password. This choice should
not change even if you reboot. Your default desktop would what ever you
chose the last time.