Re: About programing, a general question

On 12/16/2010 07:42 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> On Thursday 16 December 2010 17:02:25 Parshwa Murdia wrote:
>> If one has to start from the scratch, from the zeroth level to do the
>> programing, which programing language one should start with?
> [snip]
>
> If you know *absolutely* *nothing* about programming, you may want to start
> with, say, BASIC (that is, if there still is some implementation of it for
> Linux out there :-) ).

Hasn't python replaced BASIC?
/me ducks and hides for cover.

Besides this, programming languages are "tools". This means, like
everywhere in real life, "no tool fits all needs", each is better or
less suitable for certain use-cases, as well as there are other factor
to be considered, such as "popularity" (availability of documentation,
examples, number of people/friends being able to assist), long term
stability/availability/sustainability of a programming language,
availability of libraries to one will want to reuse etc.

That said, I'd choose "C" to getting started. It's a bit of a rough ride
in the beginning, but it pays off in longer terms.

Ralf