Package managers

Everyone:

Some package-management questions:

1.    The package called "smart" doesn't seem to work anymore. It seems
to me that it can't keep up with its channel files. I wonder why F14
even has a version of "smart" in its repos, if we already have yum,
yumex, and package managers specific to KDE and Gnome. At least those
managers get the job done.

2.    KPackagekit does not allow very good searching within groups of
packages anymore--not in F14, it doesn't. When I was setting up F14 and
used KPackagekit for the first time, I got lots of icons for application
groups. The minute I used the program once, to install some programs,
those icons disappeared and I've never been able to get them back. Am I
missing something? Does yumex still preserve this group-searching
capability?

Temlakos