Re: Installing Adobe Flash Player in F14

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 5:06 AM, Paul Smith <phhs80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am using the version
>
> 10.2.161.0
>
> of flash, and I am noticing that it crashes often inside Firefox on a
> 64 bits machine running F14, specially at the following site:
>
> http://translate.google.com/translate_t

You either need to install the 64bit plugin which is not available as
a RPM (except by some third parties) or yum repo. It has to be
installed manually. Google "linux flash player square".

You'll have to copy the libflashplayer.so file in the archive to a
directory, I usually put it in "/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins" so it is
available to everyone, not just me.

Then as root run "mozilla-plugin-config -i"
You can run "mozilla-plugin-config -l" to see if it was sucessful.
Look for something like:

/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/nswrapper_64_64.libflashplayer.so
  Original plugin: /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
  Wrapper version string: X (1.3.0)

and you should be good to go. You can open firefox or chrome and type
"about:plugins" for the url just to be sure.

If you want to use the 32bit plugin there's more work to do. You have
to install the i686 version of nspluginwrapper, but then you can use
the adobe yum repo and get updates automatically.

Richard