Re: Fedora 14 - no root login !

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 10:31 +0530, Roubhya Shankar Aluni wrote:
> I have installed Fedora 14 but I can't do root login, although I can
> use 'su' command. But I want to login as root, what to do ?

What to do?  Revise your desire to log in as root...

Conventional wisdom says it's a very bad thing to do.  If you understand
the problem, then you should already have the skills to sidestep the
restriction.  If you can't do the research to find out, then you
probably don't have the skills to do it safely.

It can be done, but it's RARELY EVER necessary.  It's usually only done
by people who've painted themselves into a corner by bad practice, in
the first place, and keep on doing the same bad practices.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.