Matrox G400 dual-head on FC14 i686

Hi,

I'm having difficulty getting X working with a Matrox G400 and two
monitors. I had a Parhellia dual-head, but gave up on that because the
card is too old and xorg support is now very limited.

03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA G400/G450
(rev 85) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
	Subsystem: Matrox Graphics, Inc. Millennium G450 Dual Head

I've tried using "system-config-display --reconfig" and, while it
starts X11, it doesn't allow the configuration of the second "head".
It produces a python error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/system-config-display/xConfigDialog.py", line 162, in ok
    second_monitor = self.xconfig.monitor[1]
IndexError: index out-of-bounds
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/system-config-display/xConfigDialog.py", line 211, in ok
    if card.getDescription() ==
self.secondVideocardOptionMenu.get_menu().get_active().get_data("NAME"):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_data'

Running "startx" without any xconf actually starts X11, with the
display mirrored on both monitors. However, when I try to configure it
using the system-config-display program, it doesn't seem to be able to
make any changes. Clicking "OK" is ignored.

How can I configure the resolution for both displays, and configure it
to be one desktop instead of mirrored?

Thanks,
Alex