Re: Fedora 14, Wine 1.3.8, Corel WordPerfect Office 12, now a permanent stain

David Liguori <liguorid@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Sent: Dec 9, 2010 9:37 PM
>To: fedora user <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Fedora 14, Wine 1.3.8, Corel WordPerfect Office 12, now a permanent	stain
>
>I hadn't tried Wine in a while so I gave this a go.  After crashing it,
>searching around and finding some suggestions for a better installation,
>I tried to uninstall WPO and begin again.  But, when I run the
>uninstaller, it only pretends to uninstall it--it's still there.  The
>windows are in a barely readable dim grey.  I re-ran the uninstallation
>with the WPO disk, same thing.  So I tried uninstalling Wine, first with
>system ->administration ->add/remove software then with yum erase wine.
>It's all still there, like a red wine stain.  Anyone have similar woes
>and find a work-around?

There are two things you can try:

1.  wine uninstaller.  This attempts to remove the program from Wine so you can re-install it.
2.  Completely remove the $HOME/.wine directory.  This is a brute force process that will completely remove all of the programs you installed using Wine.

To remove the program from the Application menu, you can use the menu editor and remove the entry.  Others recommend mucking around in the local/applications directory but if you cut the wrong thing, you may end up having to re-install Fedora (not that that is difficult but if you can avoid it, avoid it.) The Applications Menu entries should be reproduced if you re-install the program.

James McKenzie