Re: 5 Beginner questions regarding Fedora 14

Tim:
>> Until you come across some site that will only work with the Adobe flash
>> software...  Annoying, I know.  But if you come across a Flash site that
>> doesn't work, that's one thing you're going to have to investigate.

James Mckenzie:
> I turned off this craptastic piece of garbage on my system.  If a web
> master cannot be bothered to write proper html, I cannot be bothered
> to watch it.  Fanatastic waste of system resources and a waste of
> bandwidth.

As a general rule, I don't disagree.  I block Flash on all sites, by
default.  It's usually annoying advertising, several of them, and it
bogs my computer down.

However, there are sites which do make good use of Flash.  Sites where
animation was the reason for viewing them, etc.  And you can get stuck
by some essential site (for you, such as your bank) needing Flash before
you can do what you want to do.  So it's handy to have it around.
--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.