Re: 5 Beginner questions regarding Fedora 14

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 01:51:53 -0800 (PST), S wrote:

> 1 - Flash player:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash
>
> Theres no exact documentation for Fedora 14. So I went to:
>
> http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
>
> Selected YUM for Linux, but then i saw:
>
> "You may have to temporarily disable your antivirus software."
>
> WHY? Why does a closed source app want a thing like that? Is it doing something "bad" to my pc? Ok. So i installed Gnash. "Solved"...

Are you kidding? Obviously, in order to _install_ a Yum repo definition
package on an ordinary system, you will need to do this with superuser
privileges. The act of downloading an RPM package and passing it on to the
system's Package Installer automatically _may_ be seen as an intrusion
attempt by system protection software. You need to start somewhere, and
one of the first steps is trusting the package you're going to install.