Re: command wvdial not found

ti, 2010-12-07 kello 02:38 -0800, Adil Adil kirjoitti:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use my 3G modem in F12. the manufacturer gives automatic intallation software for mac and win only.
>
> I checked on internet, I found there is a way to do that using "wvdial". But I cannot find it. Does this command have another name in fedora?
>
> Thanks

I use Huawei Technologies E620 USB Modem. It's 3G but I primary use it
for SMS sending. I was also shipped with windoze utility only, and was
locked to specific mobile provider. After a bit of google searching I
was able to unlock it and now it works with any simcard. More googling
and windoze program was deleted, some bits were shifted and now it works
in fedora out of the box! I call it "plug and play" ;-)
If you provide some additional information about your device I could
help you with it. Which manufacturer/model? Is it usb? Insert your modem
and send the output of this command to the list:
dmesg | tail -20
--
Turn right here. No! NO! The OTHER right!