Re: command wvdial not found

Adil -

> I'll answer your questions:
> I want use F12 because i want to use a software (NCTUns) that was tested only in F12.
> The model of modem is "HDM EC122".
>
> The problem now is that even yum does not work properly. Does it nead an internet connection to work properly?
>
> because once i'm in fedora i'm not connected to internet.
>
> I did :
>
> yum clean metadata
> yum install wvdial
>
> but did not change anything.

As others have pointed out, for yum to work, it needs an link to the Internet
unless you can point yum to a local repository.

But, having said that, would you be able to consider the following
setup:
a) Do you have the package that you must run, NCTUns, available
    to be reinstalled?
b) Is your computer capable of running virtual machines?
c) If your answers to a) and b) above are yes, then you might
    want to install F14 on your existing machine, create a virtual
    machine and install Fedora 12 in the VM and install NCTUns
    in it.

Can you also contact the NCTUns folks to get them to update their
stuff to F14?

Harish