Re: Samsung Laser Printers - propietary Page Description Language? (ML-1665)

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Lamar Owen <lowen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I performed an install of the Samsung driver stack for an ML-2525W just the other day on F13; worked fine.  Yeah, it's a pain that it's proprietary, but it seems to work ok on Ubuntu and Fedora.  Interestingly enough it installed just as easily on F13 as it did on Ubuntu 6.06.

Yes, but it´s the long-term that worries me. I know "In the long run,
we´re all dead" in the words of the renewed economist John Maynard
Keynes.

But I´d expect my printer to last me the next 10 years -and be equally
usable, without resorting to using an ancient linux distro with the
ancient drivers in a VM-, just like the HP1100 did. :o)

Yes, I´m a cheap bastard. Or environment-conscious... if you prefer. ;)
FC