--- On Sun, 12/5/10, Patrick Bartek <bartek047@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> $ps -ef shows, in part:
>
>    root
>    178     2  0
> 09:06 ?        00:00:00 [nouveau/0]
>    root
>    179     2  0
> 09:06 ?        00:00:00 [nouveau/1]
>
> Is this normal?  I don't recall ever having two.
>
> I recently replaced my LG Flatron L1960TR-BF (4:3 ratio)
> with an Asus VN242 (16:9).  Could this be the cause of
> the two nouveau's?  I'm not running a dual monitor set
> up.  And never have.
>
> The switch over went fine with only a minor glitch with the
> panels.  No other problems, then or now.
>
> In any case, can (or should) I remove one--and which
> one--and how best to do that?
>
> Fedora 12-64-bit.  Basically stock.  GNOME.
> EVGA GeForce 8400GS graphics card.  3D not
> enabled.  Fully updated at the time.
>
> Thanks.

Wow!  It finally showed up.  8 hours after the initial post.  At least, on my Yahoo mail account.

This is not the first time something like this has happened.  Many times with other users here, I'll get the replies hours before I get the original query.  Sometimes, I don't queries at all.

Also, about 1 in 5 to 1 in 4 of the posts and replies, including my own, get filtered as spam by Yahoo mail, but it's not consistent.  Sometimes, it's filtered; othertimes, it's not.  This happens not only with the Fedora list, but with the other lists I frequent.