Re: Fedora 14 Hibernate problem

On Sun, 2010-12-05 at 10:29 +0400, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-12-04 at 15:25 -0500, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > > Are there any logs etc that I can view to figure out what is going
> > > wrong? Or are there any other utilities I can use to hibernate, so as to
> > > identify where the problem could be?
> >
> > AFA logs are concerned, you need to look at /var/log/pm-suspend.log,
> > whether you are suspending or hibernating.
>
> Awesome! Thanks for the pointer.
>
> Having a look at the logs I am beginning to get an idea of the problem.
> I had played around with the location of /boot - moved some files around
> etc - and that was causing a problem. For instance /etc/grub.conf wasn't
> readable coz I didn't realize it was a symlink to the file
> in /boot/grub/grub.conf.

Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of your
''/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/01grub'' file please. I modified mine as
part of trying to fix the problem and now I am not sure if the problem
was there by default or caused by something I changed. :p

I have a separate /boot partition. So /etc/grub.conf has entries
relative to this partition. However, the 01grub file above passes the
entries as /boot/xxxx to /sbin/grubby so it can set things up before
hibernating. And /sbin/grubby obviously can't find those entries
in /etc/grub.conf (because it searches for /boot/xxxx) and hence fails.

Regards.