Re: Build custom Xen Kernel

On 12/02/2010 11:47 PM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
>  On 11/29/2010 04:22 PM, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
> > Greetings ,
> >
> > I have a Fedora 14 64 bit installation running on a machine with a
> > dual core AMD 64 bit at 3,00 GHz cpu , 2 GB of RAM and a lot of
> > hard disk space ( the Fedora installation resides on a 1,5 TB hard
> > disk drive ) . I have succesfully installed and run a virtual
> > machine running Windows XP Professional under QEMU but now i
> > wanted to do it with Xen . I have google for it and it seems that
> > the first thing am missing is a Xen kernel . Since am quite new on
> > this thing i was wondering if there is somewhere a step by step
> > guide with instructions on how to install and run a virtual
> > machine under Xen instead of QEMU .
>  Just my opinion, but try VirtualBox. It installs nicely in Fedora
>  14. The latest version is 3.2.12.

Do you by any means mean this one :

http://www.virtualbox.org/

You said that it installs nicely , well am currently downloading the rpm
and i will certainly give it a try but have  you already tried it and
how did
it performed , i mean apart from a nice install when u actually tried to
install a guest operating system how was it ? Any special remarks that
should
be considered ?