Re: Final release of RHEL 6

On Thursday, December 02, 2010 09:28:55 am Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 18:33 +0530, Jatin K wrote:

> > may be it means Centos 6 will be released soon ... is it ?

> If I had to guess when CentOS 6 might be released, I'd say mid- to
> late-January 2011. Watch their web site at http://www.centos.org/.

Jatin, in addition to following what Doc said in that last paragraph, if you want to see the status of the CentOS development follow the CentOS mailing lists and IRC channels, as that's where most of the planning and discussion is happening.

An alternative is the Scientific Linux distribution, which is intended for a different audience than CentOS, but built from the same upstream source RPMS.

Disc size and integration look to once again be opportunities.