Re: flash.exe files

On Tuesday 30 November 2010 22:31:46 Hiisi wrote:
> Well, if I have wine installed (and my system is opened for windoze
> viruses) what should I use to open that flash.exe file? Firefox and
> flash-player for windoze?

Just open a terminal, type

wine flash.exe

and see what happens. :-) If it is a standalone program it should just run.

Btw, I don't think your system is open for Windows viruses just by installing
wine. Typically wine has trouble running even legitimate programs made for
Windows (since it still doesn't translate *all* features of Windows OS into
Linux environment), let alone viruses which deliberately have "dirty" code and
use quirks, bugs and holes of the Windows OS. Typically wine cannot emulate
those bugs and holes so effectively as the original Windows :-) , so AFAIK
viruses would typically fail to run under wine. Of course, YMMV. Also, you
would need to be stupid enough to type "wine my-favorite-virus.exe" in the
terminal to actually run the thing, I doubt it would run as automatically as
in Windows... ;-) Then again, I might be wrong, I'm no expert on wine, just an
occasional user.

HTH, :-)
Marko