Re: Mailman tutorial

On 11/25/2010 10:16 AM, Beartooth wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 14:04:13 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> 	[....]
>
>> I have never set up Apache to use a system with cgi-bin, it was always
>> automated for me. I can go on with 'new' stuff; that is why I was
>> looking for a RECENT tutorial (I am finding them for like FC3-5).
>>
> 	I don't have a tutorial for you; what I do have will be either
> cold coffee, or even better than a tutorial.
>
> 	Among many other good things,
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/index.html
>
> will give you a link to
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/lists.html

At first I thought this was yet another mailman list, but I see it is
the URL in my history, it subscribes you to mailman-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
So I await enlightenment from the list.  I am making headway, and
hitting problems.

> 	My apologies if everything in those places is old hat to you. I
> haven't been active there in donkey's years -- not since I realized that
> it was all way over my head, but that I could moderate (though not
> administer) Mailman lists without it.
>
> 	The one list of that time seemed unusually good, even as linux
> lists go; and I'm sure the several which have replaced it will be equally
> exemplary.

I have admined lists in the past, but now I have the opportunity to run
mailman and pick up a few coins for my efforts.  So here I go...