/var/cache/yum format

I'm somewhat confused by the many things found in vcy. On some machines
there are directories for fedora, and updates, and no architecture
notation. On some the same data is found in i386/14 or similar, while on
other in i686/i386/14 has the same stuff.

Is there rhyme or reason to this? And should my local repository have to
look different to update each setup?

Pointers to a document would be useful, my local repo would save a lot
of time.

--
Bill Davidsen<davidsen@xxxxxxx>
   "We can't solve today's problems by using the same thinking we