Re: Problm with icons on desktop

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 2:30 AM, Fennix <cn.stefan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 2:25 AM, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 10:34 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Suddenly when I logon my desktop is filled with files from my home
> directory rather than files from my Desktop folder.
>
> Configuration Editor should be able to fix this but how? Does anyone
> know?

Gnome:

Run the configuration editor, search for desktop_is_home_dir as a
keyname, or drill down to /apps/nautilus/preferences/, and untick the
box.

KDE, I don't know.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored.  I
read messages from the public lists.

This must be a Gnome question as KDE has not had desktop icons for a long while....

/fennix

PS: I do like the op's posted quote:  "Not every question deserves an answer."  tempted me think whether to reply or not...but this obviously is a Gnome question and there I do not have any experience....thereby the no reply would be appropriate....then the followup reply from "Tim" with "KDE, I don't know." and with KDE4.x there no longer are desktop icons....just widgets (mini-apps) to give information on the system, or many other things....

/fennix