Re: Firefox, Youtube and Sound

On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 13:45 -0600, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
Dear List

I am running FC13, and after the upgrade to 3.6.12 on the 28th of
October there is a problem with youtube videos and sound.  Youtube
worked perfectly with sound before the upgrade to 3.6.12.

I can play music with rhythumbox without difficulty, but no sound will
be generated by firefox.

Has this happened to anyone else?  Any ideas?

Greg Ennis

Everyone,

I never figured out the cause of the problem, and finally decided to do a fresh install of Fc14 which obviously fixed the problem.  I have to also extend some praise to the fedora team; this install was the easiest and most complete install I have done so far.  There was also an added bonus of being able to restore all of my evolution filters, addresses, and folders with the backup system available in evolution.

My perception of the youtube problem was that it was an adobe flash problem.

Greg