Re: Building mplayer problems

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]


On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 08:30:39 -0800
JD <[email protected]> wrote:

> I tried to build mplayer from source rpm.
> mplayer-1.0-0.117.20100703svn.fc13.src.rpm
> The build seems to die at the last step of linking all
> the objects to produce the binary mplayer.
> The failure is:
> /usr/bin/ld: osdep/getch2.o: undefined reference to symbol 'tgetnum'
> /usr/bin/ld: note: 'tgetnum' is defined in DSO /lib/ so
> try adding it to the linker command line
> /lib/ could not read symbols: Invalid operation

I am able to build successfully mplayer on F14 x86_64 using the source
from subversion at the mplayer website.

When building from source, their README requires running ./configure,
though they say that they aren't actually running the autoconf version
but an emulation they wrote.  This discovers all the libraries and adds
them to the linker line.

I noticed that your linker line had no -ltinfo in it, so compiling from
the source RPM didn't perform this step, it seems.  Maybe the
maintainer doesn't have this library installed.  I *think* there is a
config include that with this information, so you could add it manually
and it should work.

Probably a good thing to document this with a bugzilla.
users mailing list
[email protected]
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:

[Index of Archives]     [Current Fedora Users]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]     [Fedora Docs]

  Powered by Linux