Downgrading from F14 to F13

I'm having a lot of issues with F14, mostly related to using the
proprietary NVidia driver and text resolution. There are also some
performance issues with the last several drivers and cairo/cairomm.

I didn't see any of these problems with F13.

Right now I'm running a pre-release of of the NVidia driver for my card
(7600 GS - 260.19.21), which solves some GL crashes but I cannot
overclock, and there are still rendering issues with cairo/cairomm.

I've tweaked my ~/.fonts.conf file pretty heavily in an effort to fix
some of the artifacts and I've been successful for most of them. Still, I
have font rendering problems (ghosting), symbol problems in OpenOffice
Calc plots (gaps between symbol fill and outline), and performance
problems when running programs like gnomine (100% CPU until screen is
rendered).

I've tried downgrading cairo/cairomm. That fixes the performance problem,
but it does not fix the rendering issues (actually makes it worse) and
introduces some SELinux issues with the Gnome screen saver.

So, is there any clean way to downgrade F14 to F13 other than backing up
the requisite files and doing a clean install?

On the whole I'm very happy with F14, but the font/driver/X/cairo
interaction is becoming hard on my eyes.

/mde/