Re: Never Hacked or Infected--Yet (Was: Re: End of life for FC12?)

Around 06:29pm on Thursday, November 11, 2010 (UK time), Michael Miles scrawled:

> That is what I am asking. Do I need a double firewall or would the
> router be enough.? The benefit that I can see would be the computer not
> having to actually do firewall duties and being a little bit quicker
> because of it. Especially with torrents.

I imagine the speed of your torrents is governed by your internet
connection, not the effort your PC needs to put in to run iptables.

In any event I would keep the firewall running, unless there is a good
reason not to (and it doesn't seem you have one).

Steve

--

Website:  www.stevesearle.com
Twitter:  @ReddishShift

 19:08:53 up  7:33,  1 user,  load average: 0.47, 0.12, 0.03