Re: automate installing Fedora into VMWare using scripts

On 11/06/2010 11:04 AM, bruce wrote:
> But then, I'm not sure what the next steps should be. At this point, I
> think I have a virtual disk, so I'm wondering if it's possible to
> somehow do an install into the VM/disk using yum.

First, create a kickstart file (ks.cfg) using system-config-kickstart.
Next, create a new boot.iso and make sure that this file is included in
the root directory:
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.1/Installation_Guide/s2-steps-make-cd.html

Change your script to create a VM that uses this boot.iso file as the
CDROM instead of the raw device.  Boot from the ISO and Anaconda should
perform an install according to your kickstart instructions.