Preupgrade problem

I just attempted using preupgrade on a Fedora 11 system.  It ran fine on
the system, downloaded all the packages, set up grub.conf and all the
other things it normally does.  I rebooted into the upgrade kernel and
then it tells me that it can't upgrade the system because it's too old.
You can only jump one release not two.

If preupgrade is smart enough to know that limitation once the upgrade
starts, why isn't it smart enough to warn me about that before it
downloads and sets everything up?

--
*       Stephen Berg       *
*  sberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   *