Re: (F13, KDE) ugly, grey system tray icons after update

2010/11/9 Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 05:55 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> The thing that kills me about icons all the time is
> the reason they exist at all. The theory is that the
> human brain does visual recognition better than text
> recognition, so the familiar icons improve recognition
> time and the usability of the interface.

I find that you're always having to learn what an icon stands for,
because so few of them are immediately obvious.  And, then, you tend to
be clicking on the third one over, out of habit, more so than looking
for where the icon (that you want) happens to be.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored.  I
read messages from the public lists.

I like the new icons of the notification area of KDE 4.5, they make the system look great and modern.
If you can't see them, change the Desktop Theme to a Black one like "Tragedy" of Kde-Look or something
like that.

Every New System Use this kind of icons, Windows, Mac (in black) and Ubuntu, KDE made the choice too and it's
good, we have to bear with them and use what they are giving to us. Instead of Downgrading to 4.4 I recommend you
to change your desktop theme in order to have better contrast :)

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052