Re: Gnome: how put launcher/directory shortcuts as default/mandatory for all computer users?

Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 15:38 +0100, Frantisek Hanzlik wrote:
>> please, can someone suggest how is possible add launcher or directory
>> shortcuts/icons at desktop area, as default or mandatory, for all
>> users, who has/will have account at given PC?
>
> Whatever you put into /etc/skel/ is copied into the user's homespace
> when it's created (and its permissions will change so it's owned by the
> user).  So you should be able to put some .desktop files in there,
> preset with paths to the icons you want to go with them.

I's only slightly different and probably not satisfactory too:

- users can erase them, no mandatory imposition

- "Desktop" desktop directory name depends on national setting

- it work only in account creation time, when i need modify something later, I will crawl through users dirs

- as I wrote before, on PC is several hundert accounts, but actively in using only several (10-15), thus although desktop files aren't too big, symlinks to central dir are in this case smaller (and in addition centrally maintained)

FH