Re: Fedora14: Problme with pungi ?

On 11/05/2010 04:43 PM, mike cloaked wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 4:38 PM, mike cloaked <mike.cloaked@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I have just looked at the initrd.img that has been created and the permissions
>>> of sbin/init (and all other programs in sbin are the same) is:
>>> -rw-------. 1 root root   36088 Nov  5 16:02 init
>>>
>>> It think it should be (Like on the standard DVD):
>>> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        36088 Oct 21 19:15 sbin/init
>>>
>>> So I guess something has gone wrong at the creation of the initrd stage,
>>> or there is something wrong with the root user setup ?
>>
>> I have been building f14 install isos for a while - and I have not had
>> this problem - however I build with pungi inside a mock chroot - I
>> wonder if this is a possible cause?
>
> I just checked my build directories and in
> /var/lib/mock/fedora-14-i386/root/compose/20101102/i386/os/isolinux/
> I see that
> -rw-r--r--. 2 root root 31245743 2010-11-02 19:36 initrd.img
>
> which is different to your permissions - though I have not looked
> inside the iso produced to see the permissions there.

The initrd.img would have those permissions, its the executable files within
the compressed cpio archive that is initrd.img that have the problem.

I am trying to track this down. Running the low level
/usr/libexec/anaconda/buildinstall script gives me errors saying that "strip" is
missing (No errors seen running pungi ...)
This could be causing the binary install to the initrd to fail prior to
setting permissions.
I am installing binutils and going to try again. I have been using a really
basic Fedora install from the livecd with the pungi package and some others
installed. If this works I suspect that pungi should have the package "binutils"
added as a dependency and a bit more error checking/reporting
should be in pungi ....

Cheers

Terry