Re: sort wierdness

Around about 05/11/10 12:54, Jakub Jelinek typed ...
> Just look into your vocabulary, it is sorted similarly.  In most locales
> various characters are considered only in second or even later passes
> through strings, when strings without those characters are otherwise
> equal.

   OK, I can see what's happening now:  it's stripping every character that
isn't sortable according to the locale, then sorting that.  The '@' gets
binned along with the quotes and spaces, and the meandering is down to the
line it's on changing from 'COMP' to just 'C' (as far as the sort is concerned).

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature