Firefox and Sun Java

I installed the sun java package yesterday.  Today I set up a link

ln -s /usr/java/latest/jre/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so libnpjp2.so

in ~/.mozilla/plugins

to pull in the java plugin.  After I restarted FF the plugin was not visible and I got a SElinux alert

The firefox application attempted to make its stack executable. This is a potential security problem.
This should never ever be necessary. Stack memory is not executable on most OSes these days
and this will not change. Executable stack memory is one of the biggest security problems. An
execstack error might in fact be most likely raised by malicious code. Applications are sometimes
coded incorrectly and request this permission. The SELinux Memory Protection Tests web page
explains how to remove this requirement. If firefox does not work and you need it to work, you can
configure SELinux temporarily to allow this access until the application is fixed. Please file a bug report.

Any ideas?

Paolo