Can't mount USB drive in F14

I just installed F14 yesterday, and I'm coming from Ubuntu.  In Ubuntu,
whenever I plugged in a thumb drive or connected my Motorola Droid, it
would automatically mount.

In F14, it tries to mount but just an error pops up and tells me that
I'm 'Not Authorized.'

It lists the drive in the Places menu, and I've tried adding my user
accounts to various groups, including root, with no success.  I've seen
a few threads online with similar complaints, but have yet to come
across any solutions.

Help?

Jason E. High