Re: Another Question About Webcams in F13

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Manuel Escudero <Jmlevick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ¿How can I reach that 5MP Resolution in Linux? ¿What does that mean?
> ¿Does this webcam can really record a 5MP Video? ¿How can I do it?

I'm no expert (and someone can correct me), but my guess is that the
hardware is 1.3MP, but the camera's software can use an algorithm to
artificially increase the resolution to 5MP. Interpolation is the
method used to do this.

I don't think you'll get anything more than 1.3MP out of it, and even
if you did, it wouldn't be "real" video.

-c