Re: Mplayer equalizer doesn't work

On 10/27/2010 12:25 PM, JD wrote:
>   On 10/27/2010 12:21 AM, D Wyatt wrote:
>> In ~/.mplayer/config, vo=xv, ao=alsa, vf=eq2
> I have mplayer-1.0-0.117.20100703svn.fc13.i686
> and I have the seame settings in ~/.mplayer/config
> and yet, mplayer does not show any of the slides
> you mention. Are you sure the slides you are talking
> about are not part of some other GUI tool?
>
> One equalizer that works well is the
> pulseaudio-equalizer-2.7-3.fc13.noarch
>
> Install it and run it. In the gui, you have to enable it
> and then set your equalizer slides
> On older cpus like mine, it is a kludgey interface because
> it has a considerable lag time between setting and taking
> the effect.
> Try it.

Fwiw, I have mplayer-1.0-0.117.20100703svn.fc13.x86_64.

I usually invoke it by right-clicking on a filename in
Konqueror and selecting mplayer from the drop-down menu.

Perhaps you are referring to the non-gui, command line
invocation of mplayer.  I generally use the gui unless I
need specific options such as diagnostic output.  In the
gui vrsn, right click brings up a drop-down menu, where
you can select the equalizer; mouse clicks in the video
display invoked from the cmdline produce an error, if I
recall correctly.  As I thought I emphasized, it is the
brightness control I am most interested in, not audio.
However, I am aware of the pulse mixer.

I have been using mplayer since at least as far back as F7,
maybe F4 (I can't remember for sure).  It is my primary
video viewer on linux and I use it a lot.  The majority of
videos play a little too dark, so I usually bump up the
brightness about 10 points.

Regards,
D Wyatt