Re: Python learning

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 08:30:25PM -0400, David Christopher Chiipman wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 09:50 +1100, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> > I'm not an IDE person myself. I just use two terminal, one running vi (or vim
> > or your preferred text editor (which need not need a terminal I suppose)) and
> > a shell in the other to run the python script as needed.
> >
> > Vim with syntax highlighting is quite pleasant (if you like vi/vim).
> >

> I'm with Cameron on this, in fact, I'm surprised no one else menitoned
> this as a possibility. I've used [g]vi[m], and it's syntax highlighting
> for Python with al of my python programs. The one thing that might be
> missing is maintaining tab stops (which are important in Python).
> Later,

I'm not an IDE person either, but some people prefer having lots of
programming aids like prompts for methods, members etc. Maybe the OP is
looking for something like that?

Now about the OP's question, if you are an emacs user you can checkout
CEDET[1] however I am not too sure how complete the support is for python.

Footnotes:
[1]  bzr branch bzr://cedet.bzr.sourceforge.net/bzrroot/cedet/code/trunk cedet

--
Suvayu