Re: F13: ClamAV: Why does clamd not appear System>Administration>Services list?

 On 10/22/2010 03:57 PM, Chris Smart wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Daniel B. Thurman <dant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>  I was surprised, but why does clamd not appear
>> in the services list for activation?
> I've never seen such a service, are you sure that there is meant to be one?
Well, that was what I was asking... it was odd because I thought
it was in the services list in F9, but you could be right, maybe it
never was!  I guess I am getting a bit woozy with my memory
banks. :)

I got an email message saying that clamav to fix the freshclam
file in /etc/ and /etc/sysconfig/ so all is well.

> To get clamd (clamav-server) working, I wrote a script to set up an
> instance of it:
> http://blog.christophersmart.com/2009/12/17/script-for-configuring-clamav-server-on-fedora/
>
> I do hope there's a better way to do it, so if you know of/discover
> one, please let us know
>> Side question: does anyone use clamav, is it recommended
>> or worth installing?
>>
> We use clamd at work to bulk scan files that come in, and it's useful
> for integration into mail servers, etc.
>
> clamscan is useful for fixing people's Windows machines :-)
>
> -c
Thanks for confirming and the additional info!