Re: [Fedora] Re: yum crashes

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 23:02 +0200, Walter Cazzola wrote:
today I got a machine fail (a blackout) during a yum update and after
that all my attempt to update my machine end with the following error:
[...]

What you're seeing is a yum error (actually a repo out of synch in all
likelihood), not a yum crash. Announcing that yum crashes is a serious
issue. A repo inconsistency is liable to go away on its own.

indeed you are right but I'm new to yum and I got a power disruption in
the middle of texlive updating (more than 3000 packages) and the message
was misleading for me.

BTW the suggestion of another op (thanks) to exclude i686 packages
solved my issue.

Walter

--
Walter Cazzola, PhD - Assistant Professor, DICo, University of Milano
E-mail cazzola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Ph.: +39 02 503 16300  Fax: +39 02 503 16253