Re: trying to listen to streaming music, how can i figure out the ip address of the stream

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 12:04 -0700, bruce wrote:
> Using Fedora 13, trying to figure out how to determine the stream ip
> address to plug the address into one of the music apps.
>
> a number of the sites apparently still believe that windows/media is
> the way to go.
>
> some of the sites i've seen discuss modifying firefox/plugins, but the
> approaches didn't work for me.

Modifying them?  Often, one of the various download helpers can find
media in a page, and give you some alternative ways to dealing with
their address (download, copy the address, etc.).  If it's embedded in
flash, some of the flashblock plugins may let you copy the address of a
currently blocked flash element.  Though, sometimes that just gets you
the address of a flash player program, not the actual media stream.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.