Re: OpenOffice vs. LibreOffice

2010/10/18 Chris Smart <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Manuel Escudero <Jmlevick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We have many many "Office Projects" at Linux, Even separate programs as
> Abiword and so on...
> I believe it would be better if all of them join to create a Powerfull
> OpenSource Alternative to MS Office Don't you?

No, I like my freedom to choose different solutions for different needs :-)

Could you _imagine_ if Abiword didn't exist for older gear? *shudders*

-c
--

Yep, I believe you're right about the single solutions like Abiword or Gnumeric,
but talking about suites is a different story, here at México we have a popular motto,

"De dos No haces una"

It means "Of two, you don't make one" the deep meaning is about Two half solutions
not being one, and I believe this is one of the problems in office suites for Linux,

For example OpenOffice has the basic features, Go-OO is supposed to have better
Macros integration in calc, Koffice is very well integrated in KDE and LibreOffice is the most
free solution,

My question is: Why don't all these teams join to have a fully free, compatible and good looking
choice for the user? You can see this kind of example in the single solutions, like Abiword, They
have everything in one, or at least almost, because the developers are focused on giving life to ONE single
good product.
--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052