Re: authentication issues in system settings

On Monday, October 18, 2010, James Mckenzie wrote:

> I didn't say that I was offended.  If it is plain that the

> problem is in a test version, we direct.  If it is not, we

> could always ask a few more questions to define what is

> 'broken'.  If, through the questions it in RawHide/Alpha/Beta

> to the RawHide or test list they go.  If not, then we can

> always assist, if only to state 'it's broken here' and to file

> a bug report.

As the original poster, I will say this - Patrick's nanny routine on this list bothers me, but, that's neither here nor there (he has a right to be a nanny, and I have a right to be bothered; I respond by ignoring him mostly) - James, I appreciate your comments regarding the actual problem; I was seeking quick confirmation that others were having the issue, or no, before moving on to bug reporting and the like...

> >People who are going to be early adopters of the test version

> >should  already be reading the Test list anyway, and those

> >who prefer to wait should not have to deal with the noise.

> >Otherwise, why don't we just have a single all-purpose Fedora

> >list and be done with it?

> I totally agree with this.  If you are going to run a test

> version, you should be subscribed to the test list, if only to

> find out what others have found as broken and to help test

> problem fix(es).  Failure to subscribe to the test list looks

> to be a problem, and should be required prior to downloading

> the test version.  Subscribing/unsubscribing to lists is not a

> major task.

> Your reply is definitely resonable and well thought out.  Some

> folks just scream at other people, and it does not make this

> list look very professional.  If we have to 'smoke' someone

> out, we should take it to private e-mail which should not be

> brought back to the list unless permission is requested and

> given.

I stated in followup that I have been subscribed to both lists for seven years - can we move on?

--

Claude Jones

Brunswick, MD, USA