Re: F13: Where can I get libdvdcss? Livna seems to be down

On Sunday, 17 October, 2010 @12:07 zulu, Antonio Olivares scribed:

> I would just compile from source if it is *nowhere* available except
> for a tar file?  This alleviates the problem of *getting it* from
> someone else.

Of course, you need to get the source from _somewhere_.  Over a year ago I
changed my livna.repo file so it doesn't depend on livna.org, which seems to
be down more than it's up...  here it is, for what it's worth:

=b=e=g=i=n==p=a=s=t=e=
[livna]
name=rpm.livna.org for $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/repo/$releasever/$basearch/
http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/rpm.livna.org/repo/$releasever/$basearch/
http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/livna/repo/$releasever/$basearch/
ftp://mirrors.tummy.com/pub/rpm.livna.org/repo/$releasever/$basearch/
#mirrorlist=http://rpm.livna.org/mirrorlist
failovermethod=roundrobin
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna

[livna-debuginfo]
name=rpm.livna.org for $releasever - $basearch - Debug
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/repo/$releasever/$basearch/debug/
http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/rpm.livna.org/repo/$releasever/$basearch/debug/
#mirrorlist=http://rpm.livna.org/mirrorlist-debug
failovermethod=roundrobin
enabled=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna
gpgcheck=1

[livna-source]
name=rpm.livna.org for $releasever - $basearch - Source
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/repo/$releasever/SRPMS/
http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/rpm.livna.org/repo/$releasever/SRPMS/
http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/livna/repo/$releasever/$basearch/SRPMS/
ftp://mirrors.tummy.com/pub/rpm.livna.org/repo/$releasever/$basearch/SRPMS/
#mirrorlist=http://rpm.livna.org/mirrorlist-source
failovermethod=roundrobin
enabled=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna
gpgcheck=1

=e=n=d==p=a=s=t=e=

Note that the "baseurl" lines should be 'unwrapped' so that the lines
immediately following them start with #mirrorlist.

Note also that the last time I installed that package you had to download
the debuginfo file manually, and use -C localinstall /path/to/debug file,
because bad sha1 values (the debuginfo repos' primary.xml files having a
date stamp prior to that of the debug files themselves) had been passed on
for a couple years and the maintainer apparently never checks their scripts'
results.
Or, just don't install the debug file, which seems to be what happens most
of the time.