Re: Which package you would like every new Fedora user to see?

  On 10/13/10 11:37 AM, JD wrote:
>    On 10/13/2010 11:19 AM, Frank Cox wrote:
>> On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 19:43 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>>> All three are already added, but feel free to suggest some new great
>>> tools and apps that you feel are missing.
>> Depending on your target audience, what about geany?
> Do not forget ffmpeg and various audio codecs and libs, and win32 codecs.
> Also, flash plugin. Important for viewing flash web content.
JD:

There might be two issues that prevent this:

1.  Licensing type conflicts.
2.  Patents.

Both are ugly and a real pain, but they are there.

(BTW, this is why Wine does not ship with libmpg123 nor do most Linux
distributions.)

However, I like the idea of including this type of 'stuff' as long as
the list does not get way too long (filling a DVD by itself could be
very easy.)

James McKenzie