Re: Installing fedora on dell inspiron 15

Hi David,
            How about using rhel?? does't work well?

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 6:37 PM, David García Granda <dgranda@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

>         I need some suggestion on installing fedora 13 on my new dell
> inspiron n5010. Through many forums i found there are some drivers problems
> with installing fedora 13 on dell. Can anyone suggest me if its a good idea
> to install fedora on dell ?

Yes it is.

> Is anyone successfully running fedora on their
> laptops?

Yes. I have been running Fedora on old Inspiron 15XY and Inspiron 13
with no major issues. I am surprised you find bad feedback although I
don't know Inspiron n5010.

> Is it a better option to go with RHEL5?

I don't get the point why Fedora would have any problem on Dell
laptops and is better to go for a commercial operating system.

Good luck anyway ;-)

Regards,

David

--