Re: wodim and speed setting

  On 10/12/2010 06:39 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 18:25:44 -0700
> JD wrote:
>
>>    For some reason, wodim is no longer honoring lower
>> speed settings, like 2 or 4.
> I had lots of problems with wrong speeds when k3b decided
> to start using wodim as the default burning app. Fortunately
> you can change it to use growisofs (which seems much more
> reliable). Unfortunately you can't make the change permanent,
> you have to look for the setting and change it every burn.
In my case, it uses /opt/schily/bin/cdrecord as the default burner.
So I edited ~/.kde/share/config/k3brc
and set the default to growisofs abd I set the speed to 4.

Sometimes, faster speeds are resulting in bad burns,
and I am not in such a great hurry to produce a DVD
of the Fedora iso. I go for a coffee break :)