Re: Broken mail readers (was Re: Properly wiping a hard drive ?)

  On 10/11/2010 11:41 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:28:58 -0700
> JD wrote:
>
>> OK, so is it possible that gmail is filtering the message that
>> is sent back to the list (in this case to the original sender),
>> based on message ID? Os is the list server doing the filtering?
> Its not the list server. When I had an att.net email address,
> I always got back the copy that took the round trip. Unless
> the list server is doing something special for mail that comes
> in via gmail, it is gmail itself doing the filtering. (And I
> see the same behavior on non-redhat lists as well which use
> different mailing list software). And in fact, this FAQ is
> available on gmail itself:
>
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=82454

Thanx for solving the mystery :)
Yes, I did find my posts in the Sent folder, along with all the replies
chained to to it.
What's interesting is that the chain is duplicated in the inbox when
respponses from
other ops come in. Not to worry, Google has Oodles of Storage :)