Re: Bluetooth headset as mobile microphone

The purpose what I have thought to use this feature is for me as
ambassador could be vital, if I have a visitor rush and I would like
to an talk what is audible by everyone. So music is not an option,
just talk - max. about one hour. I don't need skype - just a kind of
mobile microphone for presentation, and talk. So - we don't need
anymore expensive equipment, just an projector - and our computer,
with phone as mobile modem, and an BT headset as microphone.

Thanks guys,

Zoltan

2010/10/10 JD <jd1008@xxxxxxxxx>:
>  On 10/10/2010 04:31 AM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
>> On Sunday, October 10, 2010 08:49:51 Zoltan Hoppar wrote:
>>> I have an bluetooth headset witch is capable to bind with my mobile,
>>> but also possibly with my computer too. The question is the folllowing
>>> - is it possible to select my BT headset as input device, and redirect
>>> the output to amplifiers, or amplified speakers through Pulseaudio?
>>> How can I know that my bluetooth headphone is capable to use as this?
>>> Or just if my machine detects the headset, choose out as input device?
>> Sure it's possible, I've done it already. I hate being limited with a cable
>> when talking with someone over skype. :-)
>>
>> Basically, once you connect your device to the computer, open pavucontrol and
>> tell it to use this device for that input, that device for this output, and
>> such. It's pretty intuitive and easy to handle. The settings will stick until
>> you change them again. There's not much to it.
>>
>> And your headset device will be detected as two completely independent
>> devices, one input and one output, which is essentially true (you have a
>> microphone and a speaker in there, right?). Noone is forcing you to use them
>> simultaneously. :-)
>>
>> However, I was disappointed with the range of my wireless headset, it loses
>> signal just going over to another room... :-( And mike quality was far worse
>> than an ordinary regular wired headset. But I guess that depends on the amount
>> of money one puts into the headset. :-)
>>
>> HTH, :-)
>> Marko
>>
> Just tried it. It works, but audio quality and frequency range
> is not good enough to listen to good music, and the mic audio
> frequency range is rather limited. Distance is about 15 to 20 feet
> before distortion sets in.
>
> --

PGP:  06853DF7