Re: yum check for deltas?

On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 03:31:15PM +0300, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 23:09 +0200, Dj YB wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > my internet connection is pay per traffic so I prefer to use deltas when
> > possible.
> > Is it possible to know before you say 'yes' to the update process, what
> > packages are going to be fully downloaded and what packages have deltas?
>
> I'm afraid there is currently no way to know what packages will have
> deltas before downloading.  As long as you're keeping reasonably
> up-to-date, though, there *should* be a delta for almost every package.
>
> Jonathan

There is one suggestion which may help people with low bandwidth or
expensive net connections. Yum should have an option to update packages
for the one's, it can find only deltas. If a dependency problem occurs
then that package can be mentioned explicetly on commandline.

--
vikram...
--
Majorities, of course, start with minorities.
		-- Robert Moses