Re: Searcheable fedora users list archive

On Thursday, October 07, 2010 18:07:46 JD wrote:
>   On 10/07/2010 09:53AM, Steve Stern <subscribed-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > On 10/07/2010 11:44 AM, JD wrote:
> >> Is there a way to search the archives
> >> for terms or phrases?
> >
> > http://lmgtfy.com/?q=my+keywords+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Flists.fedoraproject.
> > org%2Fpipermail%2Fusers%2F
>
> Not! :)
>
> I already know the archive's web site.
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/
> It just does not have a search engine that I know of.

Did you bother to click on the above lmgtfy link? It shows you how to use
*google* as a full text search engine for the archive's web site. It does
exactly what you asked for --- searches for terms or phrases (in the above
example the "my keywords" phrase) in the bodies of e-mails in the archive.

Or did you want something else?

HTH, :-)
Marko