Re: password change does not work: LDAP, sssd, nss or pam error?

Volker Potworowski wrote:

> Is there somebody out there using an OpenLDAP server / clients
> completely on Fedora 13 + can the users change their LDAP-Passwords?

Volker,

Have a look at the 389 Directory Server <http://directory.fedoraproject.org/>.  I set it up on CentOS (where it is called CentOS Directory Server) and it requires some work to get up and running, but the results are worth the effort.  It's simple to configure clients using the "system-config-authentication" GUI and standard functionality, such as using "passwd" to change LDAP passwords at the command line, "just works".

Regards,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions
Software Engineer and Systems Developer